Attempted burglary in Bretton Close, Northampton, NN5 6QB
Dear local resident,
We are appealing for information following a report of an attempt burglary at the above location. The burglary occurred on the 25/01/2023 between 23:45 and 23:57.
Did you witness anything? Did you see anyone or any vehicle(s) in the area that looked suspicious? If so, then please contact Northamptonshire Police on 101 quoting ref: 23000051485 Alternatively you can report online here.
You can also pass on information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
If you have CCTV relating to this incident, please send to email@example.com quoting ref: 23000051485.
Choose either residential or business burglary crime prevention advice below, remove information that isn't relevant:
- Burglars often break in at the rear of properties. Ensure your rear garden is secure at all times with 1.8m perimeter fence/wall/gate and keep all gates locked
- Make sure the front of your property is easily seen – fences and hedges should not be more than 1 metre high
- Install dusk to dawn lighting above your front door
- Keep your doors locked at all times – so many burglars just walk in – don't make it easy for them!
- If you're not in the room, close the window
- Make sure you're house looks occupied, leave lights on when you're out. Use timer switches for when you're away
- Security products help to deter and detect crime Get Smart Security With Ring Doorbells, Cams & Security Systems
- Ensure your premises are alarmed. If you are in a remote location, your alarm should be remotely monitored and any confirmed activations forwarded directly to police for response.
- Make sure your premises has good lighting covering access points and dark or hidden areas
- Invest in CCTV to deter and detect crime
- Retailers should leave their tills empty overnight with till drawer left open to avoid any damage
- Valuable items should be stored within a securely locked cupboard/cage within the building
More crime prevention advice can be found on the Northamptonshire Police website and on the Neighbourhood Watch website.
If you would like to contact your local policing team, visit the Policing in Your Area section of our website.
Neighbourhood Policing Team
Posted: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 11:15 by Parish Office