Home Fire Safety Advice
We work very closely with Northants Fire service and we hope that you find the following information in this Alert useful in making your home safer as we head into the colder weather.
They offer a Home Fire Safety Visit service, here are some bullet point examples on when a referral to the fire service should be considered:
Concerns around lack of or no working smoke alarms
- Older residents, living alone
- Concerns around mobility or sensory impairment which may affect ability to escape in a fire (including dementia)
- Where residents smoke inside the home and are not mobile
- Previous fires, or near misses
- A fire setter living in the home
- Concerns around electrical safety including overloaded sockets or exposed wires
- Issues of Hoarding or Clutter.
- When there are fire safety concerns for a Family needing or accessing Early Help, financial hardship or living in a target area / vulnerable adult receiving or in need or care and support.
The online referral form can be found here Fire Partner Agency Referral Form, you can fill that in on behalf of a vulnerable person
This form is to be used for all referrals as it then provides the fire service with all of the necessary information to try and progress the request, but you will need their consent to do this.
If a person wants to refer themselves, this can be done on the self-referral form which can be found here Fire Self-Referral Form
Or people can complete their own fire safety check on-line if they do not want anyone to come out and visit them, which can be found here Complete your own Safety Check at Home
If you need to contact the team for advice, you can email them on email@example.com
If a referral is not required at this stage and you would like to pull a picture together of whether any other services are sharing your concerns before deciding the best course of action, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they can check their systems for any records they hold.
Please also see the attached leaflet on Home Fire Safety Advise
Find more fire safety advice at www.northantsfire.gov.uk or
call us on 01604 797000
In an emergency, get out, stay out and call 999
Posted: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 18:45 by Parish Office