Burglary Dwelling The Scarplands Duston Northampton
Northamptonshire Police are appealing for information regarding a burglary dwelling on The Scarplands, Duston, Northampton, whereby unknown offenders have gained entry to a secure garage and conducted a search inside before being disturbed by the homeowner. No items were taken from within. This took place between 2320hrs on 09/03/2021 and 2323hrs on 09/03/2021.
Did you witness anything?
Did you see any person(s) or vehicles(s) in the area that looked suspicious?
If so, then please contact Northamptonshire Police on 101 quoting Ref: 21000135435
Taking just a few steps can make a big difference in keeping your home safe from burglary. Here are a few tips:
• Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you're just out in the garden, remembering to double-lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key).
• Hide all keys, including car keys, out of sight and away from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through the letterbox).
• Install a visual burglar alarm (as part of a suite of prevention measures - a burglar alarm on its own will not prevent entry to your home).
• Install good outside lighting.
• Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property.
• Leave radios or lights in your house on a timer to make the property appear occupied.
• Make sure the fences around your garden are in good condition.
• Secure bikes at home by locking them to an immoveable object inside a locked shed or garage.
• Keep ladders and tools stored away; don't leave them outside where they could be used to break into your home.
• Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property.
• Ensure rear fencing is in good repair.
• Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property i.e. trim high hedges.
• Mark your property with postcode and house number and register your property for free with Immobilise (opens in a new window).
• Consider joining or forming a Neighbourhood Watch scheme (opens in a new window).
• Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows.
• Store any high value items (i.e. jewellery, passports) in a properly secured safe or bank vault.
In an emergency, when there is a crime in progress or a life at risk, always call 999.To report a crime or incident, provide information or for advice, call 101 or visit www.northants.police.uk
To contact your Neighbourhood Team covering Northampton, they can be contacted on the following email: NeighbourhoodTeamNorthampton@northants.pnn.police.uk
You can also provide confidential information should you wish to remain anonymous. These calls can be made to the Independent Charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Posted: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 16:17 by Parish Office