DUSTON GOOD NEIGHBOURS SCHEME
We are delighted to be working with Elaine Stonehouse, founder of the Duston Covid Mutual Aid Group, to set up a dedicated Good Neighbour Scheme for Duston residents.
This scheme will consolidate and continue the brilliant work that has been done by volunteers to help and support local residents through an unprecedented and difficult year.
It will provide an opportunity for all to help or be helped. This page will be updated regularly as we progress through the various stages of setting up the scheme so please keep checking in.
We are looking for local, enthusiastic volunteers to join us in the following capacities; there is no obligation and you are in total control of how much or how little you wish to do at all times. Below is a basic outline of a GNS; please message us for a questionnaire or more info on any of the roles listed if you think you would like to get involved. We would also love to hear form existing volunteers if you wish to continue your support.
You can contact Elaine Stonehouse on 07725 680311 or Alison Grantham firstname.lastname@example.org
Who do we need?
- General volunteers to provide support
- A Chairman
- A Secretary
- A Treasurer - (only basic accounting required)
- Committee members - (occasional meetings/input)
What are the key features of a GNS?
- A scheme dedicated to supporting local residents to maintain a good quality of life
- Signposting to local, regional and national help & support
- Strength in numbers; everyone working together for the benefit of all
- An opportunity to help your local community
- Wide reaching benefits for clients/volunteers/service providers
What kinds of things can volunteers offer/residents get support with?
- Befriending/telephone support
- Help with form filling
- Dog walking/Pet care
- Food Bank donations
- Transport to appointments
- Shopping/prescription collection
- Signposting to agencies/services
- Organised activities/trips/outings