4 Give to Others !
Volunteer with Duston Parish Council
There are lots of ways you can join us to volunteer
The Grow Together Allotment - Programme of dates on The Grow Together Allotment page. Click here
Community Planting - Dates to be announced throughout the year Click here
Plant a tree for the Jubilee - more planting in October - contact email@example.com Click here
Help at our pop up events
Litter Picks - Join us or the local Wombles
Duston Good Neighbour Scheme - We are looking for an enthusiastic co-ordinator Click here
Please get in touch for information on any of these volunteering opportunities with Duston Parish Council. We'd love to hear from you
Call us on 01604 583626 or email Alison firstname.lastname@example.org
Other volunteer opportunities in the community
Northampton Volunteer car service (PDF, 192 Kb)
To view the document please click the link above
St Luke's PPG
St Luke's Patient Participation Group (PPG) are always looking for volunteers
The PPG is a very friendly group of patients who have common objectives to support our Practice to:
- Provide a link between Practice staff and their patients.
- Give patients a voice in the organisation of their care.
- Provide two-way feedback to the Practice about patient needs, concerns and interests about any information which may affect their healthcare.
- Act as a 'critical friend' that can be consulted on service, development and provision.
- Assist the practice by arranging voluntary groups or support within the community.
- Encourage and support Health Education activities within the Practice and promote preventative medicine.
- Liaise with other local PPG's and be represented at meetings of Northampton Patient Engagement Group Meeting.
Members are asked to attend meetings about 6 times a year to give views and help develop the Practice. Generally, any registered patient from the surgery can be a member aged 16+, however the Practice does have a right to refuse an individual if it is considered in the best interests of the individual or Practice.
Click here for more info